VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
As we’ve discussed before, the art and skill of being binary in conversations can be most helpful.
Being binary means that you seek only one of two possible results. This could be yes or no, up or down, right or wrong, morning or afternoon, etc.
Let’s examine a conversation where someone is being binary.
"Good morning, XYZ Company, how can I help you?"
"Hello, my name is Jan Novak, may I speak with Mr. Pavel Janousek, your boss, please?"
"I’m sorry, Mr. Janousek is not in his office at the moment."
"OK, thanks for letting me know. Do you know if he will be back before lunchtime, or in the afternoon?"
"He’ll be here in the afternoon, he’s in meetings all morning."
"Do you know if he will be able to return my call later today, say between three and five? It’s important."
"I think so. I will let him know."
"OK, thank you very much."
When on the phone, "take charge" of what’s going on, take charge of the conversation you are having.
Direct it. If you don’t, no one else will.
Jokes: Things NOT to Tell the Police
If you ever get pulled over by the police while driving and get questioned, here are some things you should NEVER say to them:
1. "Excuse me ossifer, can you hold my Becherovka while I look for my I.D. that you asked for?
2. "Hey, I thought you had to finish high school in order to be a cop. Guess I was wrong!"
3. "Hey, you look just like that guy in the picture right next to my girlfriend’s bed."
4. "Why are you asking ME if I have been drinking. Aren’t YOU supposed to be the expert?"
5. "I thought people became cops because they are too stupid to work at McDonald’s. Is this really true?"
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.