VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
During this first year, we finally got the Kal’s Korner Online Web site going at:
While this site is not yet complete, it is an online foundation that we can all build upon, use, and share.
As we continue to work to incorporate what are called blog and search technologies into this new Web site, it will have much better functionality, and can serve as a practical tool to use whether you are at home, at work, or at school or just sitting in a cyber cafe.
Videos, Videos, Videos
In the near future you’re going to also start seeing videos as we continue to add content. These videos feature Czechs and other non-native speakers of English. They also feature native speakers.
The purpose of these short films is to help you practice your exposure to English, and to hear other people’s accents and how they pronounce things.
Each short video is about 3-5 minutes long, and is a stand alone lesson.
This means that after you finish watching it, its contents should be clear and that it is not dependent on any other video segment in order to be complete.
While there will also be several video series, which will require the viewing of several episodes in order to fully understand them, each video segment will be clearly marked so that everyone can choose which kind they like.
Some of these videos are also in both Czech and English, which should help Czech viewers especially.
As Kal’s Korner now heads into its second successful year, THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT, and we look forward to continuing to be here Expresially for you.
Jokes and Expressions
1. "In an underdeveloped country you never drink the water. In a developed country you do not breathe the air."
2. "Draft beer, not students."
3. Did you know that Benjamin Franklin was the only president of the United States who was never the president of the United States?
4. Q: Are there any historical examples for the Soviet system of elections?
5. Two politicians are carrying on a conversation when one of them suddenly yells out to the other, "You’re lying!".
The other politician replies, "I know, but just listen to me."
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.