VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
Cholesterol is actually a form of alcohol! Believe it or not, it can be found in the liver, kidneys, and even your brain.
Many people associate low fat foods with low cholesterol levels. Unfortunately, this can be a dangerous myth, since there is not automatically a direct relationship.
Quite often, it’s a genetic thing that some people have high cholesterol levels. The key to finding out if this applies to you or not, is to check and have some tests run by your family doctor.
"Good" vs. "Bad" Cholesterol
There are two basic kinds of cholesterol.
The first is known as LDL Cholesterol or "bad" cholesterol, which are Low Density Lipoproteins. These are substances which can and DO transport harmful cholesterol deposits to different parts of your body, allowing them to slowly build up to dangerous levels over time.
This is how things like human arteries get clogged up, which can cause heart attacks.
The opposite of LDL cholesterol is called HDL cholesterol or High Density Level cholesterol. These proteins are very rich and much thicker, and they help get rid of excess cholesterol in the body instead of helping it build up over time.
Unfortunately, almost all popular fast foods or deep fried foods today are extremely rich in bad LDL cholesterol. Make sure you choose your foods wisely.
Jokes of the Day
1. Q: What is the difference between a smart blonde and a UFO?
2. Q: What did the blonde do when she missed the number 66 bus?
4. Q: What job function does a blonde have in an M&M factory?
5. Q: What do you call a blonde holding a briefcase, sitting in a tree?
6. Q: Why do blonde women love lightning?
7. Q: What’s brown, red, black and blue?
8. Q: Why couldn’t the blonde make any ice cubes?
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.