VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
"My boss is currently chewing on the issue of whether or not to give me a raise this year in my salary" or "He asked me to chew on it overnight, then said he would call me in the morning to hear final my answer."
In this similar way, the phrase "to chew over" also means the same thing. Example:
When someone or something gets chewed up, this means that they are again, either literally eaten, or they are destroyed or disfigured or have lost very badly. Examples:
"That football team chewed us up all day, we lost 26-0" or "Those soldiers got chewed up when they attacked, they didn’t have air cover."
When someone chews you out, this is another way of saying that they are mad at you and telling you so. Example:
"My wife REALLY chewed me out this morning for being late."
Just chew or Just chewing
When someone is just chewing on something, this means that they are thinking about it, or mulling it over.
Jokes: More Great One-Liners
2. One good thing about egotists is that they never talk about other people.
3. It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to actually live by them.
5. Yes, guys have feelings too. But, like, who cares?
6. I never look busy because I always do it right the first time.
7. There are two kinds of pedestrians: those who are quick, and those who are dead.
8. I just put skylights in my new flat. The people who live above me now are VERY upset!
9. For every action that a person takes, there is always a criticism.
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.