VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
Thanks to the kind invitations of Ms. Olga Stankova and Ms. Verity Cole, we received an invitation to attend a focus group meeting of theirs at the ILF hotel here in Prague to provide much needed feedback to Cambridge University Press concerning some new English language lesson material that they will be publishing.
A Partnership Begins
Cambridge University Press always solicits opinions that they consider to be valuable. We are honored that they consider iDNES, Metropolitni Expres and Kal’s Korner to be important enough to be part of their focus studies.
In a brief private discussion, Ms. Verity Cole, who is their Development Editor, and I agreed that we will formally cooperate.
What is meant by this “cooperation” is that we will provide them with valuable feedback based on comments we have received from literally thousands of readers of Kal’s Korner from around the world.
We will work with them to help overhaul and improve their content, and feature future great material here, courtesy of Cambridge University Press.
We especially look forward to their contributions to our British English offerings.
Coming: The Cambridge Channel
While we cannot disclose at this time everything that we will be doing, especially since there is still a lot of stuff to sort out, this is still an important first step which will provide a genuine “win-win” for everyone involved.
Naturally, the people who “win” the most, are those who want to learn English and benefit from this new cooperation.
We will be making a dedicated channel available on the new Kal’s Korner Online Web site for Cambridge University Press to provide some great, interactive content.
Metropolitní Expres and iDNES.cz will be cooperating with Cambridge University Press to help provide content for Kal’s Korner. We will also supply Cambridge with important feedback and input for their new English language series products from our readers. If you wish to pass along your comments concerning Cambridge University Press to us, please email Kal Korff and we'll pass them along. This is an official request from one of their Content Editors.
Jokes From Readers
1. Scientists estimate that humans use only 10% of their brain. Some people, make a point to use even less.
2. A person burns more calories sleeping than they do watching TV.
3. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery itself contains!
4. If you put a raisin into a glass of freshly bubbling Champagne, it will continuously bounce up and down and rise and sink in the Champagne.
5. The World Wide Web or “Internet” grows at the amazing rate of about 325,000% a year!
6. In the late 1700s, women in Paris actually put lightningrods on their hats whenever they would venture outside in stormy weather.
Key Article Words in English
strictly = striktně
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.