VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
This means that if you must write in the formal style in your letters please do so. The last thing you want to do is send an important letter to someone in the informal style when it is not appropriate.
In this same way, you should also be consistent throughout your entire letter. This is also true where it concerns the end of your letter or what is called the closing part. These are sentences that you use to wind your letter down or end it. Here are some of the most commonly used sentences that many Americans and other native speakers of English use.
1) "Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter and I look forward to hearing from you soon."
2) "I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to your response."
3) "I look forward to your reply."
4) "I look forward to hearing from you."
5) "I look forward to seeing you."
6) "I look forward to your response at your earliest convenience."
7) "I look forward to hearing from you sometime in the next few weeks."
8) "If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me."
9) "If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me."
Getting it Down on Paper
Many people make the mistake of trying to "get their sentences ‘just right’ the first time" when they are writing their letters or articles. Unless you are pressed for time, please try not to fall into this trap.
If you are not a native speaker, just write down what you want to say first. Always remember that you can edit it later and then correct it.
Joke - The "Dumb" Laws Keep Coming
Alabama: It is against the law for monkeys to smoke cigarettes.
Comment: Of course. WHY would we want to harm animals by allowing them the decision to smoke? Instead, we make it legal for humans to smoke and kill themselves.
Haines, Alaska: It is officially against the law to break the law.
Rhode Island: It is illegal to marry an "idiot".
Comment: HOW do they know who is an "idiot" and who is not?
Key Article Words in English
I look forward to your reply - těším se na Vaši odpověď
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.