VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
Indeed, if present plans are realized, by the year 2025 at the latest, an international team of space explorers are supposed to either start heading for the planet Mars, or begin setting foot down on its surface.
Moon and Martian Colonies
Although the race to the Moon ended in the 1960s, human presence in outer space has been more or less constant in some form or another up to the present. Over time, it is scheduled to only increase as more countries pool their resources to become space faring powers.
Among some of the "big plans" now underway include both private and commercial exploitation ventures and initiatives in outer space. This includes everything from colonies on the Moon and Mars, to private commercial flights aboard what are being billed as “space planes" which will allow people to take trips up into the weightlessness of the cosmos.
Terraforming is the science of transforming or changing a planet’s natural characteristics. Another name for it is right out of Star Trek: Planetary Engineering. It is a very real science, more and more money is being spent on it each year.
Dr. Gerard O’Neil was one of the fathers of terraforming, he sold NASA on a vision of transforming planetary environments so that they were better suited for human existence. Among his two favorite proposals were the fundamental transformation of both Mars and Venus.
For Mars, the issue is more simple: using a system of mirrors, its temperature could be raised sufficiently in regions to make it hospitable.
For Venus, the issue is a bit more complex. Part II tomorrow.
Joke of the Day: Mo' George Bush Quotes
1. "If we don’t succeed, we run the risk of failure."
2. "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
3. "We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
5. "The problem with the French is that they don’t have a word for entrepreneur."
6. "The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself."
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.