VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
If you exercise, do you know what words to use in English? - 1
Weight lifting vs. Bodybuilding
Many people confuse lifting weights with the sport known as bodybuilding. Although at first it may not seem like it, but these two sports are very different things.
Weight lifting involves the lifting of weights to build up strength and muscle mass. Another name for weight lifting is power lifting, which is when a person makes a point to lift heavy weights and build up their strength.
Bodybuilding, on the other hand, involves not only weight lifting, but body sculpting as well. Bodybuilding, unlike weight lifting, concerns itself with how proportional or developed the muscle groups are to the rest of a person’s body and it focuses on the cosmetics of weight lifting. To put it simply, bodybuilders are supposed to “look good” all the time.
Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, now the elected Governor of the State of California, is a former seven time Mr. Olympia and five times Mr. Universe. Arnold started out first as a power lifter in Austria, then switched to bodybuilding.
Non-Cardiovascular vs. Cardiovascular Exercise
When you decide to exercise, you must make one of two major decisions before starting: are you going to exercise your heart muscle and circulation enough so that you get what is called cardiovascular exercise, or will you engage in non-cardiovascular exercises such as skateboarding or roller blading?
Part II continued tomorrow.
Jokes: Leonardo da CzEnglish Asks ...
1. If you deliberately try to fail, and you succeed, have you failed or have you succeeded?
2. WHY do we call these things “stands” at the stadiums when people really sit down on them?
3. When people use a touch tone phone, why do they still claim that they are “dialing” a phone number?
4. If you see a turtle and it does not have its shell, does this mean that it is homeless or that it is naked?
5. After they are finished eating, do amphibians have to wait for an hour before they get out of the water?
6. WHY is the Earth called the “earth” (which is another word for dirt), when 75% of the planet is covered in water?
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.