VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
Otherwise known as the violin, a fiddle is part of the viol family of instruments which can play four major notes, E, A, D and G.
"He’s just fiddling around with that old TV set, he’ll never fix it because he doesn’t know how to" or "My girlfriend fiddled with the TV antennae, and now the picture for the football match comes in just perfect."
Fit as a fiddle
When someone is as fit as a fiddle, this is another way of saying that they are in very good shape or are doing just fine. Examples:
"When Arnold Schwarzenegger was in his prime, he was as fit as a fiddle," or
When someone fiddles away at something, this can mean two things: either they are playing the instrument, or it means they are working away either at or on something. It could be serious, or it might not be.
Remember, when using the expressions, fiddling around vs. fiddling away, the former means that one is not necessarily serious, whereas when one fiddles away on some issue or problem, they can certainly be very serious and have every intention of solving the problem or issue.
Jokes: More Great Bumper Stickers
1. Lottery: a tax on people who cannot do their math properly.
2. I like you as a person, but I wouldn’t want to see you working with those sub-atomic particles.
3. Bumper sticker for the year 2150: Disco STILL sucks!
5. Friends do not let their friends drive naked.
6. I’m so great at sex, when I finally finish, my whole neighborhood lights up their cigarettes.
7. Ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit.
8. Sex on TV cannot hurt you, unless you accidentally fall off.
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.