VŠECHNY LEKCE ZDE
While there is no single set of "rules" per se for greeting everyone under all circumstances, let’s review come of the more common practices which exist throughout the English speaking world.
When Greeting Someone
This should probably go without saying, but let’s review this point, regardless.
This practice, naturally, is always best. You wouldn’t like it very much if you found out that someone greeted you in a friendly manner, but they really didn’t mean it.
Common Phrases for Greetings
The following list contains some of the more common phrases used in English to greet people.
1. Hello, my name is Tomas Novak, it is an honor to meet you.
2. Hello, my name is Tomas Novak, it is very nice to meet you.
3. Hello, my name is Tomas Novak, is it nice to meet you.
4. Hello, my name is Tomas Novak, it is a pleasure to meet you.
5. Hello, my name is Tomas Novak, I am glad we meet at last.
6. Hello, my name is Tomas Novak, it is nice to finally meet you.
7. Hello, my name is Tomas Novak, it is an honor to finally make your acquaintance.
While each of these greetings ranges from the casual to the more formal, naturally you would use whichever ones fits your specific situation.
Part III tomorrow
Joke of the Day: More "Dumb" Laws
In the state of Florida, in order to ride a skateboard, you must have a license.
Q: How about gowns that have no straps?
In the state of Florida is it against the law to sing while wearing a bathing suit.
In the state of Alabama it is illegal to play the game of dominos on Sundays.
In the state of Nebraska, donut shops are prohibited from selling donut holes!
Najdete ji také v bezplatném deníku Metropolitní expres.